Friday, March 14, 2008

Warren's Inn

Ok, so if you're looking for your own version of 'Cheers' here in Houston, Warren's Inn should be near the top of your list!
This isn't a place for the trendy or flashy for sure. The moment you walk into the bar (that's been there for 20 years now), you notice the cozy atmosphere and quiet background noise! Save for people chatting, there's no loud music blaring and no loud TVs in your face. Filled with locals, you know there's something here that brings people back again and again.

Unfortunately, it seems I went on a slow night and it was pretty sparse, but if you're not looking for mingle about and just want to have a quiet night with friends, this is a good place to start it seems! I will check the place out again on another night just to see for sure.

Let me tell you, what brings people back besides the atmosphere is probably the drinks! Drinks are poured with a deft, if heavy =P, hand and there's a lot of trust given to patrons. It may be a small gesture, but I particularly liked the fact that my bartender did NOT ask for me to pay for the drink until later when I was ready to head out! Didn't ask me if I wanted to start a tab or anything. Very nice.

From what I've been told, the same lady owns both Warren's and La Carafe, so if you're looking for wine or beer in a local historic spot, La Carafe may be the spot for you too!

No comments: