Friday, March 14, 2008

Riva's Italian Restaurant

So here's a new favorite of mine when it comes to Italian places.

Riva's Italian is yet another small local - the kind of place I really am drawn to.

The atmosphere is cozy and homey. There's enough visual interest in and around the area to make it a great date place and the staff is very attentive and friendly!

This place does NOT pretend to be what it isn't! If they do it, they'll do it, if they don't, they'll be up front about it and let you know too! I like that.

Now then, the food. For me, the food tastes like homemade at its best. It's not the fancy schmancy italian that you would go to Maggiano's or Michelangelo's for. It feels like what momma would make in her kitchen, comfort.

The portions are large, the prices are more than reasonable, and with every entree that I've had, I've been surprised by a salad and soup course that I had no idea was coming to me! The soup has been different each time, from a creamy veggie and ham soup of some kind to a beautiful minestrone.

The lasagna comes out hot and gooey with a wonderful meat sauce and cheese overflowing.
The pesto is warm and has a wonderfully creamy, full bodied mouthfeel.
The creme rosa sauce is wonderfully light and yet still fills your palate with a nice coating of goodness.
Even brunch is a surprising affair, with fresh fruit appetizer coming out of nowhere, large omelette with whatever entree you decide on, and of course, neverending booze to your liking...

Right behind Niko Niko's and in Montrose, they have their own parking which is a nice touch! Easy access and no worries on having to find parking with owners who are visible and interact often with the patrons. I always love that.

No comments: