I'm sure there's a tool to mirror or put updates on facebook from xanga and this blog... gonna have to look into that at some point =P
/////////////////////
So the other day I was at a party talking with some people, who, like many in this huge city of ours, have had to transplant themselves from wherever they either are from, or want to be. The unfortunate attitude that comes with this type of move more often than not is, "Houston sucks, I'm leaving the city in X number of years once I get my chance."
Listen, I understand the problems that come with living in Houston. I understand traffic blows; I understand finding the cool things to do in this city requires effort and driving long distances; I understand that 'long distance' means something completely different to you if you're not from here; I understand the weather is HOT, your lawn may not be soft and cuddly, the world as we know it may be completely unbearable at times.
I get it.
I may not agree with you in all the things that suck, but I understand.
What I don't get is why continue down such a negative path and live your life hating everything around you in this city? Really, this isn't even a rant about my distaste in the 'houston sucks' attitude, it's larger than that. If everything sucks in whatever or wherever you are, why not find the things that don't suck and make some compromises in your life so that you can enjoy those things that could really make you happy?
I am of the opinion that no matter where I am, I believe I could find people and experiences that can really make me happy.
People. People make such a difference. You can stick me in the scariest, or most boring, or most terrible situation you can think of, and with people, I can find joy, happiness, love, life. No matter where you are, no matter what the language, the social barriers, the pedigree, you can find wonderful, wonderful people. How do I know? Because I have found it; found them in all that I do. A simple recalibration; a simple opening of your mind, attitude, and barriers, and something wonderful happens - people do the same for you.
Experiences. We fly through life from one experience to another. Whether small or grande, those experiences make life wonderful. Why take so much effort to identify or continue having a bad experience? A simple recalibration and you may not be able to get rid of a bad experience, but you can minimize them and hell, make them learning experiences. Is it simple semantics? No. It's how you live your life.
Let's make active choices to live as we want to live. If you truly want to continue to live in negativity, then that choice is yours, at least you've made it. But can you at least try to see the other side and let go? Let go, let yourself experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment