Ok, finally got a chance to head down to Galveston for Leon's World's Finest!
This place was EXACTLY like I pictured it! It's basically out of a worn down building, with non-matching chairs and benches inside, and locals abound! Everyone knows everyone!
The GREAT thing though, is that Pam, Leon's niece was a hoot (gold teef and all!)! Leon himself even made it around to say hello and make sure everything was good! You cannnnoooot pay for that kind of service and ambiance!
Pam cajoled a few extra things out of us when we ordered, but it was sooo worth it!
The chipped beef was excellent! I'd eat that again fo sho!
The brisket? meh. Not anywhere close to my gold standard Rudy's, BUT the smoky flavor was very good, I just need more fall apart goodness and extra moistness!
I was able to get a few samples of the spareribs outta Pam and although the flavor was very good, I'd say it needs to be a little bit more moist and a little bit more tender...
The kicked up rice was good! I could actually use even more spice for sure, and I love me some homemade mustard potato salad!
So once we got up to pay, what do I see at the counter? I mean I thought I heard the hallelujah chorus when I saw the cracklins!!!!!!! Hog chips baby!! YUMMMM-OOO... I HAD to get me a bag of those too!
all in all, a couple of plates of BBQ, drinks, and some cracklins cost 21 bucks out the door and I didn't feel bad at all!
I would recommend Leon's, definitely get the chipped beef, and DEFINITELY say Hello to Pam and Leon! They'll make you feel at home and make you wanna stay and eat all day long!
OH, and if you DO go to Leon's, please tell Pam that it's all her fault there's no cornbread =P just say you were told to say that to her... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment