I tried to do a temporary fix with JB Weld, but under pressure, even the JB weld wasn't able to contain the crack (it wasn't even that big a crack!!). You can see the JB Weld mess in the pic (and my blue coolant):

Well, I've now had this car 10 years, so I figured I could forgive one cracked radiator in 10 years. haha.
Unfortunately, I was without a car for a full week though while waiting for the parts to come! I called a couple of local dealers and they wanted $370 + tax for the radiator alone, AND I had to wait 3-4 business days because it was special order!!!! x-(
Since those were the numbers, I decided I'd just buy from the place I always buy online and just have it express shipped. hondaautomotiveparts.com to the rescue (Majestic Honda up in RI)! Not only did I buy the radiator for way under $370, I also got new upper and lower hoses, clamps, and radiator mounts upper and lower, AND 2 DAY SHIPPING for $345!
(Here's pics of the new spankin and old cracked radiators)

Got the new stuff in on Wed 4/2 and had it all installed that night! Not bad!
The operation was really pretty simple! Undo the mounts, pull the hoses, pull the whole assembly up and out of the car! The fans and stuff all went over to the new radiator while out of the car which made things very simple:

Here's the engine bay all ready to accept a new radiator!
I'll upload finished pics in a day or two after I've been totally sure there's no leaks! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment