Monday, January 26, 2009

let's take a walk

Why is it so easy to fall back into the person we once were? The person who is here now is clearly not the same, yet, it's so easy. Why does it have to be that way? I guess it's just easier to be easy than it is hard to be hard...
Wow, talk about bright stuff, eh? History repeats itself, yet if it's not the same person, is it really a repeat? I guess you can't really put minute details on such things.

I know that I have changed. I want to continue to change. I like people. I want to continue to meet people.
Why is it that today's world, that stranger next to you isn't potentially someone with a great story to tell, but is apparently a sexual predator who's going to kidnap your kid, or a murderer who's going to follow you out the door, or hell, just someone who's not worth your time? Not cool enough, not bright enough, not worth a moment's slice of time.

More often than not, in my short and unassuming life, I've found that the random stranger loves to talk, loves to share, loves to just find another human being in this lonely world.

If a tree falls in the forest and noone is there to care, is it lonely?

I'm no hippie tree hugger don't get me wrong. Take that for what it's worth; you and I could be that tree.

It's funny the path your mind flows when you just let it flow. Meander down the path that leads you to well... nowhere. But somehow, even as cliche as it may seem, the journey's kind of worth it. If we knew the path took us nowhere, would we enjoy the journey more?

I guess it's a half empty, half full kind of thing. Go nowhere, why continue the path, or go nowhere, let's enjoy what's here and now. wow, existential.

Why do we play games with each other? Is it really that fun? I like you, you like me, she likes him, he likes her, he likes he, she likes she, he likes, it, that she likes, it, red, blue, yellow, magenta, pearl, sky...

Maybe Barney had something back then. What's up with that anyways? If we had so many kids who grew up singing and believing that I love you, you love me, and we're such a happy family, why hasn't THAT shaped our society? I guess not enough people actually liked that big purple suit.

I like to think that maybe we did have enough who did. fin

No comments: