So I've been thinking about this one for a long time. I would have to say that it was all inspired by my friend Sophia and her sis, Melissa's almost fanatical love of mint chocolate chip icecream.
So anyways, I wanted to put these ideas down before I totally lost them through time.
Mint chocolate chip icecream cookies
Mint flavor provided by either peppermint or mint extract OR a homemade mint leaf infused vodka. I don't think the infused vodka would be able to provide the punch necessary, but it's an exotic way to do it. Eventually, that would become cost prohibitive I think especially in the bang for buck equation...
Shaved dark chocolate of course, I'm thinking at least 50% cacao content.
Using a chewy sugar cookie base, probably incorporate heavy cream into it to really get the texture right...
Green food coloring of course to get the right color...
Maybe a hint of citrus, like a bit of orange oil or something to give it that extra flavor layer...
Now as for the lasagna, I was just watching Tyler's ultimate, and he brings up a great point in his bolognese sauce. He purees carrots, celery, garlic, basil, parsley, and onions and adds it to the sauce with heavy cream and a TOUCH of CINNAMON! Ok, so I definitely like the cinnamon addition.
I'm thinking instead of pork and ground beef, we add a third layer of veal, so ground pork, beef, and veal. I've done some chilis with that combo and it works VERY well.
Heavy cream for sure. I like his trinity, but I'm thinking that plus a bit of spice, jalepenos, and instead of canned crushed tomatoes, a base of my roasted herb tomatoes would work very well.
Definitely use whole milk ricotta cheese and plenty of mozarella or I'm thinking maybe alternating layers of mozarella and a great farm fresh goat cheese. That little bit of sour from the goat cheese would really be nice!
Ok, that's all the ideas I've got for now, more to come later (and hopefully some trial pics)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment