Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mama's Oven!

Mama's Oven

Ok, for anyone who has NOT been to Mama's Oven in the Medical Center area of Houston, you MUST go!
If you're lucky, Mama will actually be there and for me at least, she completely made the trip! Probably one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met, and she calls you "precious" and "sweetie" and "hun" all day long, and for me, that's about the best thing EVAR for a local joint!
The oxtails were AWESOME, the mac n cheese makes you think of home, and for some reason, the candied yams kept making me think of my Aunt's house! The cornbread had that slight hint of sweetness as you sopped up all the homemade brown gravy too! Talk about comfort food!
I'd stay away from the iced tea, but other than that, wow. I hear the service is really slow, but not on weekdays! My old coworker and I got super prompt service and of course, mama took care of us!

No comments: