Friday, November 27, 2009

Holiday Time musing

So it's holiday time again and I've got a few thoughts on my mind I wanted to get out.
I just finished watching 'Elf' again (yay Zooey Deschanel!) and as absurd as it may sound, it gets me going sometimes right at the end when she starts singing 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town.' You know why? well, because at that moment, everything is kind of just pure. Pure emotion whatever it may be, really affects. It's like trying to experience things like a child does. That child has no clue how to take his experience except from a completely pure and untainted state of mind. You can enjoy the wonder of the world for what it is, no pretense, no history to color your thoughts, just the moment. I know we've all experienced it before, just getting lost in the moment.
I've been listening to this singer (got it from Issa originally), Molly Lewis and the best i can describe, going along with this post, is that her music is just fun. That's it. and that's enough. =)

No comments: