Wednesday, August 26, 2009

To the couple in 19A and B

Thank you for sharing your plane ride with me today! Isn't it funny how open and accommodating we all become when we're crammed up in small and uncomfortable quarters with the most stranger of the strangers out there?
If you don't believe that we as human beings long for connections and human interaction and belonging, then you really haven't sat next to anyone on a plane! It's amazing what we allow ourselves to share for the few little hours of our lives that we share with one another. Now granted, this can be a dangerous thing, but come on, go bungee jumping, live a little! Take a leap!
I've met some of the nicest people on planes and it really makes me put a little more hope in the human race when I do. There's so many people out there who don't give a d*mn about you and me and it's all me me me, but honestly, I like to think that's a small minority, and when I complete a plane ride as I did today, I am uplifted with a bit of hope.
So to John and Elaine from Jersey, thanks for the ride, I hope I was as much of a joy to your flight as you were to mine!

No comments: