Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ducati Hill Country 2008 ride weekend, Day 1

So this past weekend was the first 2008 official Texas Hill Country ride of the crew from www.ducatimonsterworldwide.org and boy was it a doozy!



Let me first say, the people I have met on ducatis and especially the ones from our forum have been the absolute best people in the world! I have been amazed by the support, sincerity, and just general acceptance from a community brought together by motorcycling.

One example of that support came on the first day of the hill country trip. I had planned on staying with some friends who have houses in Austin as everyone from Dallas, Austin, and Houston were meeting in Austin to hang out before the big move to the hill country. The problem came when all my friends with houses ended up being out of town that day!! So I posted up a feeler for anyone on the board in Austin who might be able to put us up for the night and I get the following place (from a guy who only knows me on the board and I haven't ever met IRL!)





We even happened to have a girl from DC from the forums in Austin at the same time who was able to come out and hang with the crew at Ming's Cafe in Austin (one of my personal favorite biker friendly places with great food) and then hang out with us at the gingerman, cuba libre, and 6th street follies...



Unfortunately, the Dallas crew all rode to the night stuff that night, and mounties ended up pulling them ALL over for 'failure to turn right in a right turn lane.' Total BS tickets because a LOT of people were giong straight on that particular road and these folks were from out of town and didn't know!



oh well, cory got pretty friendly with one of the horses at least =P



I even found out one of our Houston riders was UNDERAGE!!!! That pretty much killed our chances of going into a lot of places, but a couple of us still went in and drank before joining him outside again, hahaha



The view again from the loft at night... simply amazing.



end day 1

No comments: