Day 3 was our first FULL day of riding and when I mean full, I mean FULL! We started kickstands up at 9AM and didn't get back into koyote ranch until like 6 or 7PM!
What a gorgeous day to ride though! Here's how the day started!


Our little friend was ready to go too ;)

After a bit of riding

we ran into our first bit of trouble on highway 337:
hmmm, someone smell burning brakes???

Ron's 1098S unfortunately burned up a rear brake caliper so eventually after some work on the ground:

we decided to rip the sucker off so he could continue riding for the rest of the day, rear brake? who needs em! =P (apparently not ron!)
We soon hit the nice roads going uphill into the twisties on our way to Leakey:

unfortunately, somebody thought it would be a great idea to tear the road up completely for 10 miles into Leakey!!! WTH!!??
right before that though, we had another bike go down with a non functioning clutch... pull the clutch in and it wouldn't let go...
luckily, after some time on the ground, I was able to get the bike going enough to get into Leakey for some fooood:

Back on the road again after lunch:


Why can't we have roads like this in Houston!!??
check out the pugglepod in action!

Had to stop to see how everyone was doing on gas, too bad we had to go find a gas station!

Duke's hiding out at 90mph!

Found a gas station that had been there for literally generations! I believe the people running the joint were 4 or 5th gen family!

and weird enough, peacocks?

so we end the day getting back without any more issues...
BUT, so at some point when we get back, Bryant let's me take the 'white unicorn' as we call it out:

So after saying no once, I decide, what the heck am I thinking??! hahaha, so i take her out and am hanging off the bike after the second turn! That thing just BEGS to be thrown into the turns!
Unfortunately, on the way back, I'm full lean, off the side of the bike, and in the middle of the turn, there's a cop going the other way!!!! I can't even think of what the cop was thinking as I'm flying through the turn...
So I have to make a decision, and FAST. My decision? I can't say it was the smartest conclusion in the world, but I decided that it would take that cop a bit of time to turn around and make it through those turns... so I decided that if I just BLASTED through the last set of turns as fast as I could, I could avoid seeing him again!
................ ... well, it worked =X made it back to camp, flew through camp, parked the bike, hopped off, went inside as fast I could, and grabbed a beer! =X
The rest of the night was beeer, ribss, and hot tub/pool. good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment