Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Green Thumb

So I've been working on my backyard garden a bit, trying to do some landscaping, but it's slow going as my finances are still pretty jacked up at the moment, but slowly and surely it's coming along!

Updates:
From Backyard_garden

Nice Bougainvillea from Barry, thanks!


From Backyard_garden

I've got the electrical transformer in my backyard, so the lattice went up and added some japanese honeysuckle (beautiful red blooms) and some star jasmine (beautiful white flowers)! Both plants actually bloom at different time periods, so I should have some fragrant blooms for a good portion of the year and maybe some bees and hummingbirds! =)


From Backyard_garden

Right in the middle of back of the yard, Japanese honeysuckle that will hopefully just go wild on the back fence and some small foxtail ferns that will surround a couple more layers of plants in between, TBD ;)


From Backyard_garden

Little different view here with the Compact Nandinas shown to fill in the areas in between. I'm going to find some nice button ferns to plant in curved rows around the Nandinas


From Backyard_garden

Nice closeup of the foxtail ferns


So hopefully as I get some more money, I can fill in the gaps and finally get the nice riverstone or crushed rock I can place around the plants,
Whatcha think??

No comments: