Friday, May 2, 2008

Onion Creek Cafe

Ok, finally got a chance to head out to Onion Creek Cafe! Unfortunately, I didn't get to have the FULL experience because it was raining - I didn't get to go out to the deck/patio area.

In any case, it was completely packed! And what a great mix of crowd too! Plenty of eye candy out there and diversity was top notch! Definitely thumbs up for crowd.

The logistics of ordering was a little questionable though... I had to go up to the bar everytime I wanted another beer or food. For a place like that, not having servers was a little odd.

Thursday night was apparently $2 red stripes, so that was fine with me and I ordered the Country Ass Reuben. Not a bad sandwich at all! The dressing was very tangy and it came out between two big ol slices of rye bread, not bad at all. The potato salad had all kinds of BAACONNN in it too, which was a nice surprise!

Atmosphere seemed laid back, which is good, but I sat with my back to a high traffic area and kept getting my chair kicked... not good.

All in all, I've decided I need to go back and give the place another shot on a beautiful day where I can enjoy the patio area and get a little more involved with the crowd. Definitely worth a try if you're in the area though!

No comments: